Talview is seeking an experienced Senior Scrum Master to provide hands on facilitation and coaching to scrum teams and work as a part of our larger organizational improvement efforts. This individual will foster a culture of continual improvement and high trust, in addition to handling two scrum teams.
The ideal candidate should thrive as a servant leader dedicated to helping teams to achieve outstanding results, and they must have the patience to methodically work through larger organizational constraints.
This is a highly-visible individual contributor role. The individual will be working with technical and business leaders to help drive organizational agility.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Teach and drive the use of good Agile/Scrum practices on all teams including; user story writing, definition of done, team estimation, etc.
- Facilitate the proper use of JIRA by teams to ensure that it remains the source of truth.
- Coordinate closely with Product Owners to ensure that stakeholders are consulted and informed.
- Identify cross-team dependencies and work with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to address them.
- Organize and facilitate all sprint ceremonies (planning, review, retrospective, and standups)
- Accountable for teams understanding and using Scrum and other agile practices well.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums and release planning sessions as necessary, providing visibility into the teams’ backlogs, progress, and impediments.
- Foster team self-organization and ownership of complex problems.
- Work with other Scrum Masters to provide product and organizational visibility including dependency resolution, long term planning, and organizational improvement.
- Improve team performance by identifying, managing, and supporting resolution of team impediments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members as well as stakeholders about agile practices and values.
- Create a culture of continual improvement based on empirical feedback.
- Champion operational improvement and agility both within the team and beyond.
Interpersonal and Technical Skills
- Servant Leader -- Earn the team's respect and roll up your sleeves to help the team succeed.
- Communicative and social -- excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills including the ability to work with diverse stakeholders and personality types.
- Assertive -- Must be able to ensure agile and scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and not afraid to be a voice of reason and authority. Willing to hold the team accountable to its vision and values.
- Situationally Aware -- Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to team and management, where appropriate. Proven problem-solver.
- Enthusiastic -- Must be high-energy and situationally aware. An active participant in all team activities. Passionate advocate for the agile mindset.
- Attitude of transparency -- Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about the team and grow business trust.
- Creativity, initiative, and flexibility -- Tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail.
- Honest, friendly, and collegial, with a great sense of humor.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years as a Scrum Master/project lead working with dedicated agile teams using Scrum and other Agile practices.
- Strong understanding and experience with software development and the product development life cycle.
- Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and managing stakeholder expectations in potentially high stakes situations.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Or Certifications
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification required
- Additional training/certifications:
- Agile Coaching
- Agile Team Facilitation
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Understanding of technical practices that encourage agility, such as Test Driven Development (TDD), and DevOps
Following are some benefits you can expect from us in return! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Extraordinary chance to scale growth
- Competitive salary
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy fruits, snacks, gourmet coffee
- 5 Days working & Flexible Work culture
- Whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Monthly team lunches and annual team building events
- Team gatherings and company parties!
Talview values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all. Talview will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.